I have been using Adminer now for almost an year. And after I started using adminer I never looked at phpmyadmin again. I first heard about adminer in php architect magazine. Following are the reason which never made me switch back to phpmyadmin
- One file, no installation required : Copy one file to the remote server and start using it !
- Speed : Because it is compiled and minified into one file the execution is fast. You can even choose mysql and english only version which is just 229 KB.
- Lesser UI elements on the interface : It has lesser UI elements on the interface which gives it a clean look.
- Lack of query builder – it has more of a browse feel than assisting you to make a complex query using its query builder. I never actually understood the use of query builders. If I have to write a complex join or come other query I will rather write it on my own than to use query builders which takes me even longer.
- Lesser options overall : It has lesser options overall, but I never felt like I needed something and it wasn’t there.
Let me know if you have some other reasons of using adminer !
More detailed comparison with phpmyadmin at adminer website.